Saturday, October 24, 2009

Are You Engaging?

We are all familiar with the old adage "it isn't what you know it is who know". Well, there are many on Twitter that apparently have not heard this saying.

A constant barrage of articles you have read does not encourage me to engage with you. I can set up my own RSS feed or set up a reading list like the USMC Commandant has done. (for a list of what the well read Marine is reading click here ).

Twitter is about engaging, telling us who you are. Telling us why we care what you are reading. Any idiot can post links to sales articles, why should I believe you? Tell me who you are and what you are doing. I cannot respect your opinion if I have no idea if you are authentic. Do you have integrity and the respect of your peers? Are you honest?

I can only tell if I get to know you. So please go ahead and tweet me links to articles of interest, but mix in some info about yourself and those that you know, love and respect.

No comments :

Post a Comment