Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How to make Facebook less Creepy

A friend of mine is slowly finding her way into social media. Trying to make it relevant to her business and not just a "time suck".

Well, "creepy" is how she described Facebook to me today.

To make it seem less creepy, I suggested working those privacy settings. Maybe it is time for you to take another look at your settings. Who can see your updates? Pictures? Videos?

If you are like me, Facebook is for family and friends and I prefer that they be the only ones that can see all of my rants no matter how silly or ill advised.

To check yours:

go to the upper right hand corner and click the down arrow next to ‘account’ chose ‘privacy settings”

…then one by one you can change each thing so that only your ‘friends” (those you accept can see them)…that should help you feel better.

Happy Posting!

No comments :

Post a Comment