Thursday, April 15, 2010

Play Nice

My favorite ad on TV right now is this one by Liberty Mutual .




Not only is the music great, but so is the message. Liberty Mutual calls it taking responsibility, I call it being nice.

I was raised to be nice. My friends were raised to be nice. We would be sent out to play with the reminder “Play nice”. One of my friends even thought it was a game we were suppose to play.

When did we stop being nice in America? When did name calling become OK? We use anything we can as an insult. We use a person’s ethnicity, religion, age…what have you – as a way to sling mud – to hurt them. We disagree politically and the next thing you know we’re are almost at the point to where we are going to draw blood.

I have seen people be down right rude because they disagree with someone. This is America - a melting pot of people and ideas - We are going to have differences of opinion. You are not always right. I am not always right.

Let's keep this in mind:

If two men on a job agree all the time, then one is useless. If they disagree all the time, then both are useless. - Darryl F. Zanuck

If I am having a day when I cannot behave – I try to stay home, or at the very least keep my mouth shut. I beg of you – enough is enough – stop with the ugliness and name calling.

Play nice!

3 comments :

  1. My sentiments exactly... and if the parents start playing nice maybe the kids will follow suit and do the same in school!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Robin - All adults need to start setting the example

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great message to all of us as parents, business owners, and human beings! We are fortunate to have the right to express our own opinions but we have the responsibility to speak them with respect.

    ReplyDelete