Friday, May 20, 2011

Dirty Dishes are NOT a Sin

As we come upon Judgement Day Eve I find myself thinking about the saying “no one thought on their deathbed ‘I wish I spent more time at the office’”. Well that’s a no brainer. What about the other stuff that we stress out about?

I realize there are silly people who get joy from the vacuum cleaner marks on the carpet or a made bed in the morning. I get more joy from staring at the morning through the window while drinking my coffee, or even getting my AM news and deciding if the world it so crazy to join for the day. I will admit to the occasional zen moment of the hot soapy dishwater – but that is not a state of mind I can attain daily.

I see people running around, I HAVE to do this and I HAVE to do that. Try just once asking yourself ‘really? Why? What will happen if I don’t?’

I have heard of people who can’t relax and take a nap if something is out of place. I say, get help! You aren’t trying hard enough! – I mean really, your mind is on your dust or your laundry. There are many more pleasant things to think about.

No comments :

Post a Comment