Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tiaras on Mechanics

It’s that time of year, so I spent some time Saturday morning sitting at the garage waiting for my car to be inspected. No sooner was I out of my car and guy #1 (Bobby) asked what he could do . I said inspection please. He was very accommodating, checked my paper work and sent me inside to wait. I hadn’t even made it inside when guy #2 (who I later found out was the owner), met up with me to ask if he could help. I told him I was fine and he thanked me.

I thought to myself, “Self, these people are way nice and definitely into customer service”.

As I was sitting in the surprisingly clean waiting room, the owner came in and was doing owner stuff, when guy #3 came in and finished up with a customer. As he was heading back into the work bay, the owner thanked HIM…I knew at that point I had a blog post.

So Alex Barocio at the Castrol Service Center…whether he knows it or not wears his tiara to work – and so do the two men that were working with him on Saturday.

Bobby: “Ma’am, you need your brakes serviced, would you like me to show you”
Me: “You could, but I wouldn’t know what I was looking at”
Alex: “Come with me, I will show you”
Me: “I can’t take care of this today”
Bobby: “ I can get you 15% off when you are ready”
Alex: “Here is my card, call when you want to come in.”

Yes! Saturday AM, everybody and their brother needs an oil change. Houston is in the middle of a drought and record high temps ..garages are typically not air conditioned. It’s hot and busy and this place has it’s tiara on…with a clean garage, two mechanics that didn’t treat me like a stupid woman who would not understand, an employer who thanks customers and his employees and a low pressure atmosphere. And all three smiled!

No comments :

Post a Comment