Friday, March 29, 2013

Join My Tribe: Technology is a Learning Tool



In his book “Tribes”, Seth Godin defines a tribe as “ a group of people connected to one another, connected to a leader, and connected to an idea.”  Kumbuya.com has taken the concept and built a site that combines the ideas of tribes and making money.

When one joins Kumbuya, you can join and create tribes around an idea, a hobby or an industry. Members join tribes around topics they enjoy. If a member then has a product or service that relates to the a particular tribe, they post a link, and people with an interest in the product or service will see it. For example, if you sell hand painted wine glasses, posting a link to a wine tribe would be good for business ;)

I do not personally sell a product or service, but through my work with Computer Explorers,  I have developed a passion for all the technology that is now available for students and teachers. So I created a tribe called “Technology is a Learning Tool.” If you have a product, service or interest in Technology Education - Join me and let’s share some stuff.


No comments :

Post a Comment