Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Saying Good-bye

Last Friday I left the company that I have worked at for the last 10 years. It was a bittersweet good bye. It was time to leave, and I was offered a great opportunity. But the people...I had to leave the people. These were people who I laughed and danced with, people who wiped my tears and listened to my rants.

One of my co-workers who shall remain nameless (because he is a bit overly cautious of internet privacy), started pulling away from me the moment I told him I had given my notice. Then he virtually disappeared my last two days.

I asked him on Monday via Google messenger "what the heck?" He said he didn't like good-byes.

Aaawww - virtual hug sent.

Then he went on to say - "but in this day of social media we never really say good-bye"..then he gave me permission to use the tagline in a blog post. He is right.

I cried writing my good bye message to the franchisees with whom I had worked. I bit my lip many times so as not to get tears on my co-workers.  In the past few days I have continued to receive messages from them  - they are now my friends.





No comments :

Post a Comment